In 1914, a small group of businessmen purchased 100 acres off of Clinton Boulevard, five miles west of town, to organize The Country Cub of Jackson. At that time the Club was so far out that a surrey driven, by a local old gentlemen, was provided for people who did not have cars.
The original clubhouse was a large, old house on the property. This house burned in 1936 and was replaced by an attractive framed building and contained a large all-purpose room, ballrooms, small bar and a ladies locker room in the attic. Dues were $6.00 per month and caddies were always available. The membership doubled, but tragedy struck again with a fire that destroyed the clubhouse.
The membership went back to a temporary building (the same one that was used after the first fire) until funds were raised for a new clubhouse. A brick, fireproof building, impressively decorated by Marshall Field of Chicago, was built, and the membership grew as many social functions made this the center of activity.
The present property was purchased in the late fifties. Through the past 100 years, the Club has grown through a series of renovations and expansions to become what it is today: a full service, family centered, destination Country Club.